Fan Injured after Falling into Brewers’ Bullpen
About the Injured Brewers’ Fan
The fan is reported to have fallen over the railing of Friday’s Front Row Sports Grill and then landed in the Brewers’ bullpen during a game against the Minnesota Twins. The man fell during the eighth inning as Brewers’ relief pitch Brandon Kintzler was preparing to warm up. Emergency crews arrived and carried the man off the field where he was then transported to Froedtert Hospital for further treatment. A statement from the Brewers said the man was conscious and alert.
“It took him awhile to start moving his fingers,” Kintzler told reporters. “We didn’t want to touch him for awhile because he was motionless. He tried to get up after that and the paramedics told him to stay down. Security called the paramedics and they were there pretty quick.”
Sports Stadium Fall Injuries
In July 2011, a fan attending a Texas Rangers game at the Ballpark in Arlington fell to his death while attempting to catch a souvenir ball thrown into the stands. According to a Fox Sports report, a fan falling is not a rare incident. Last month, a woman was seriously injured after she fell down an elevator shaft at Fenway Park in Boston. Other notable sporting stadium fall injuries include:
- Sept. 17, 2003: A fan died after falling from a right-field wall at Pac Bell Park in San Francisco during a Giants game.
- June 26, 2009: A fan was injured when he fell out of the upper deck at Busch Stadium during a St. Louis Cardinals game in St. Louis.
- Nov. 2010: A two-year-old died after falling out of a luxury box during a Los Angeles Lakers game at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Nov. 20, 2010: Two fans were injured when one of the fans fell from an upper deck and landed on another fan during an LSU football game at Tiger Stadium.
- Nov. 28, 2010: A fan died after falling at least 20 feet during a Chicago Bears game at Soldier Field in Chicago.
- May 24, 2011: A fan died after falling about 20 feet and striking his head on concrete during a Colorado Rockies game at Coors Field in Denver.