Fatal Hit and Run Kills Two Women: Suspect Not Cooperative
A white pick-up truck collided with two women on January 19th, 2014 in Vancouver, Canada killing them in the accident.
About the Pedestrian Collision
- Accordin to KOMO News, the collision happened on Sunday, January 19th around 8:00 pm.
- The victims of the crash were both from Vancouver- Raisha Mosh and Irina Gardinant, ages 45 and 28 respectively.
- The women were crossing the intersection of Northeast 72nd street and Vancouver Mall Drive when the truck hit them.
- The truck then left the scene without calling for help.
Hit-and-Run Suspect Not Cooperating
- The Vancouver police served a search warrant on Tuesday for a white pick up from an apartment complex on Vancouver Mall Drive with damage to its front.
- They have had the vehicle in custody for evidence but have not been able to contact either the suspect or anyone related to him since then.
- Police are searching for a black pick-up truck that they believe was involved as well.
- Suspect may have been at 9900 block Northwest 26th Avenue for the NFC Championship Game.
Families of the victims are not hostile towards the perpetrator and want them to confess so they can forgive and move forward. No arrests have been made. Irina Gardinant is survived by her daughter and husband.
CrimeStoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for anyone with information that will help the police make an arrest.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4,280 pedestrians died in car accidents in the year 2010.
- This means that on average, one pedestrian dies every two hours in an accident.
- Additionally, walkers are 1.5 times more likely to die on the road than vehicle passengers.
Contact an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorney
No one should have to suffer because of someone else's mistake or negligence. Whether your injury was caused by a drunk driver, reckless or negligent driving, or even intentional misconduct, our aggressive and persistent pressure on the driver will give us the information we need to win your case.
At Thomas J. Henry, we dedicate our time and knowledge to your needs. With over 20 years of experience, we have shown each of our clients that we are committed to getting results. Our attorneys are available 24/7 nights and weekends in order to be there when you need us. Choose an attorney who is aggressive, dedicated, and experienced. Contact Thomas J. Henry today. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million