Fatality Reported at Vance Construction Site
Details about the Fatal Mercedes Plant Construction Accident
According to Fox 6 WBRC, authorities in Tuscaloosa County are currently investigating what is apparently an accidental death at the Mercedes plant in on Wednesday July 22nd.
Homicide investigators were called to the Mercedes plant in a HAZMAT building that was under construction at 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
Officials reported that it appeared when the worker fell he was on a metal roof close to 25 feet above a concrete slab.
As of right now the identity of the construction worker has not yet been released.
Statistics about Work Place Accidents
Information below provided by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- 828 worker fatalities in 2013 were in construction
- The leading causes of deaths on construction sites in 2013 were falls, being stuck by an object, electrocution, and caught-in/between objects
- Falls account for 302 out of 828 construction related deaths in 2013
- Fatal work injuries involving contractors accounted for 16 percent of all fatal work injuries in 2013
- Fall protection, construction is the number one frequently cited standard by OSHA in the year 2014