FDA Issues Safety Notice for Fungal Treatment Pill
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a safety notice involving the fungal pill Nizoral. According to the release, Nizoral has been linked to severe liver injuries and adrenal gland problems.
According to the safety notice, liver disease occurred in both long-term and short-term use.
Precautions Taken by the FDA
- The FDA has changed the boxed warning.
- Nizoral pills should no longer be used as a first line treatment according to the FDA.
- Nizoral should only be used when to handle life threatening fungal infections.
- Nizoral should never be prescribed to patients with underlying liver disease.
- According to the release, patients who had no obvious risk factors of liver disease were prone to liver injuries.
- Nizoral pills may lead to depression, liver transplant and death.
The European Medicines Agency has taken similar precaustions.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.