FDA Warning- Spinbrush Electric Toothbrushes
The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers about 39 million Spinbrush electric toothbrushes that could cause severe face and mouth injuries.
“We’ve had reports in which parts of the toothbrush broke off during use and were released into the mouth with great speed, causing broken teeth and presenting a choking hazard,” FDA.
About the FDA Warning
The FDA has received reports of serious injuries including:
- chipped or broken teeth
- cuts to the mouth and gums
- swallowing and choking on broken pieces
- injury to the face and eyes
Spinbrush Models Affected
- Spinbrush ProClean
- Spinbrush ProClean Recharge
- Spinbrush Pro Whitening
- Spinbrush SONIC
- Spinbrush SONIC Recharge
- Spinbrush Swirl
- Spinbrush Classic Clean
- Spinbrush For Kids
- Spinbrush Replacement Heads
FDA Recommendations for Spinbrush Users
FDA recommends the following for consumers:
- Inspect Spinbrush for damage or loose brush bristles before using.
- Make sure headpiece is connected properly to handle of brush and test brush outside of mouth before using.
- Supervise children and adults who need assistance when using Spinbrush.
- Do not bite down on brush head while brushing.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.