FDA Warns of Dangerous Steroids in Dietary Supplements
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a news release advising consumers not to take Vitamin B dietary supplement B-50 after it was found to contain two anabolic steroids.
About B-50 Supplements
“The company, Purity First Health Products, has declined to voluntarily recall the product or to warn consumers about the potential for injury – FDA Press Release
- The product is called Healthy Life Chemistry By Purity First B-50, and is marketed as a vitmain B supplement.
- The supplements are sold by Purity First Health Products and is manufactured by Mira Health Products.
- Both companies are based out of Farmingdale, New York.
- The supplements contain unlisted and potentially dangerous steroids methasterone and dimethazine.
- Healthy Life Chemistry has refused to voluntarily recall the B-50 supplements.
- The FDA warns the companies could face criminal prosecution should they continue to sell the products.
Health Concerns Associated with B-50 Supplements
- The supplements have been cited as causing unusual hair growth in women and impotence and low testosterone in men.
- The FDA received 29 reports of problems including fatigue, muscle cramping and muscle pain.
- The supplements also caused abnormal liver, thyroid, and cholesterol tests.
The connection to Healthy Life Chemistry was determined after a physician treated 20 patients with similar issues who were all referred by another physician who had prescribed dietary supplements. Healthy Life Chemistry’s B-50 supplements was the common link the patients shared.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.: FDA Warns of Dangerous Steroids in Dietary Supplements