Federal Authorities Arrest Michigan Doctor for Health Care Fraud
According to an ABC news affiliate, federal agents have arrested Dr. Farid Fata in response to allegations that he misdiagnosed cancer-free patients and prolonged chemotherapy treatment in order to fraudulently collect millions from Medicare.
About the Medicare Scheme
- Federal authorities allege that Dr. Fata prolonged chemotherapy treatment in cancer patients who had already been in remission.
- Dr. Fata is also accused of deliberately misdiagnosing patients without cancer in order to justify chemotherapy that allowed him to fraudulently acquire money from the Medicare program.
- Dr. Fata may have also continued to subject end of life patients to chemotherapy even though they could not benefit from the treatment.
- According to U.S. Attorney Barbary McQuade, the scheme cost Medicare $35 million.
Dr. Fata Arrested for Fraud
- Dr. Fata has been charged with health care fraud for his role in the Medicare scheme.
- Employees at the practice owned and operated by Dr. Fata have begun to confirm suspicions in their interviews with authorities.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of medical malpractice litigation. We have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.