Fire Sparked by Burning Incense Kills Two Toddlers
About the Fatal Bronx Fire
According to the Daily News, around 6:30 pm last Wednesday, the fire broke out inside the living room on the family’s third floor apartment. The mom was doing laundry across the street.
The girls, Jannubi Jabie, 2-years-old, and her 18-month-old sister Amanda, were inside the apartment alone. She ran outside seeing the flames coming out from her apartment window yelling that her kids were inside.
The kids were brought down and given CPR on the sidewalk at the scene. Rescuers rushed the girls to the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, but they could not be saved.
The Daily News reports six civilians and five firefighters suffered minor injuries. The mom, Haya Conce, 26, collapsed on the ground as she saw this tragic scene and was put on a stretcher and taken in an ambulance. She was questioned by the police the following morning.
Statistics Regarding Fires
The U.S Fire Administration (USFA) reports the following trends in fires:
- 1,389,500 fires in 2011
- decrease of 19.5% from 2002
- 3,005 deaths in 2011
- decrease of 20.6% from 2002
- 17,500 injuries in 2011
- decrease of 5.3% from 2002
- $11.7 billion loss in 2011
- decrease of 4.3% from 2002
The top three causes of residential building fires were:
- Cooking: 49.4%
- Heating: 12.9%
- Electrical Malfunction: 6.1%
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57