Five Dead in West Texas Vehicle Collision
In the early hours on Sunday, September 29, 2013, a pickup truck crashed into the back of another truck, causing the deaths of five individuals. A Dodge pickup, carrying two people, hit the rear of a GMC truck, carrying five people.
Details of the Vehicle Crash Incident
- KRIS-TV reports that three of the victims were from Sherman, Texas, and two were from Mexico.
- All occupants of the GMC truck were killed; the driver and passenger of the Dodge were taken to a hospital and treated for injuries, though their exact condition is currently unknown.
- Although charges are still pending, it is suspected that alcohol might have been a factor.
- After the two vehicles collided, they rolled over into a roadside ditch before coming to a stop.
- The victims were:Luis Valenzuela, 26; Isabel Garcia-De La Cerda, 35; Romulo Molina, 39 (Sherman); Juan Carlos Enriquez Mendoza, 31, and David Dominguez-Juarez (Mexico).
- Only one of the victims, Molina, was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Statistics on Automobile Fatalities in Texas
The following statistics are from the Texas Peace Officer Crash Reports (CR-3) taken from the year 2012:
- Of all persons killed in auto accidents where restraint usage was applicable and usage was known in 2012, 45.4% were reported as not restrained when the fatal crash occurred.
- In 2012, there were 1,099 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 32.3% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- During 2012, more DUI-Alcohol crashes were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day.Also, more of these crashes occurred on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways for 2012 was 1.41 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled. This is a 9.3% increase from 2011.
- Texas experienced an increase in the number of motor vehicle traffic fatalities. The 2012 death toll of 3,399 was an increase of 10.82% from the 3,067 deaths recorded in 2011.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million