Flushmate System Recalled-14 Injuries Reported
Flushmate, of New Hudson, Michigan, a division of Sloan Valve Company, recently recalled more than 2 million pressure-assisted flushing systems due to impact and laceration hazards. Flushmate has received 304 reports of the systems bursting, resulting in property damage and 14 impact/laceration injuries.
About the Flushmate® III Pressure-Assist Flushing System Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Flushmate system can burst at or near the vessel weld seam releasing stored pressure; which can lift the tank lid and shatter it causing lacerations to consumers and property damage. CPSC recommends that consumers immediately turn off the water supply to the recalled unit and stop using the system. Consumers should contact the firm if their Flushmate is included in the recall and to request a free repair kit.
Description of Flushmate® III Pressure-Assist Flushing System
- The recall is for Series 503 Flushmate® III Pressure-Assist flushing systems installed in toilet tanks.
- The units are rectangular, black, two-piece vessels made of injection molded plastic.
- The date code/serial number is 16 characters long and is located on the label on top of the Flushmate III. The first six numerals of the serial number are the date code.
- The date code range for the recall begins with 101497 (October 14, 1997) through 022908 (February 29, 2008).
- Flushmate has received 304 reports of the product bursting resulting in property damage and 14 impact and laceration injuries.
- The systems were sold at Home Depot and Lowe’s stores, distributors and plumbing contractors nationwide for about $108.
- They were also sold to toilet manufactures including American Standard, Crane, Eljer, Gerber, Kohler, Mansfield, and St. Thomas.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.