Food Companies serving you Wood
Food manufacturers and fast food companies have come under heat recently over reports that their products contain more fillers than food. Taco Bell, in particular, was the subject of a class-action suit alleging that the “ground beef” was not all beef after all, but a combination of beef, seasoning, water, and fillers containing only 35% actual meat.
The newest allegations against fast food companies and large food manufacturing companies is that they are filling products with wood- or more specifically a form of processed wood known as cellulose. While cellulose is safe for human consumption, the main complaint from consumers is that what they are eating contains significant amounts of this wood product in place of the actual ingredients advertised.
- Processed virgin wood pulp
- Deemed safe for human consumption by Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- FDA sets no limit on the amount of cellulose that can be used in food products
- USDA set a limit of 3.5% on the use of cellulose in meats
- Extends the shelf time of processed foods
- Adds fiber to foods
Companies serving Wood
Below are examples of some popular products containing cellulose. Information provided by MainStreet.com
- Assorted Fiber One products
- MorningStar products, Pillsbury products
- Corn tortilla, nacho chips, southwest chicken zesty dressing
- Fish Filet Patty, McRib, Premium Caesar Salad, Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap, Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken, Southern Style Chicken Biscuit, Strawberry Sundae
Jack in the Box
- Assorted cheeses, honey mustard dipping sauce, mozzarella sticks, tortillas, smoothie mixes
- Wheat Thins Fiber Selects, Frozen Bagel-Fuls, Macaroni & Cheese varieties
- Parmesan Romano Cheese, breadstick seasoning, WingStreet Bone-In, Meatballs, White Pasta Sauce, Alfredo Sauce, Fat Free Ranch Dressing
- Assorted cheeses, Fat Free French dressing, chocolate sauce, Frosty drinks
- Ice Cream, Sonic Blast, Banana Split, Ice Cream Cones
- Peaches & Creme Parfait, Apples & Crème Parfait
- Cornbread muffin, Parfaits, BBQ sauce, popcorn chicken, pie slices
- Hot cocoa mixes
Contact an Experienced Product Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of food, medical devices and defective pharmaceuticals.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of any defective drugs and/or products, call the Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.