Ford Issues Urgent Recall on 2013 Escape
In addition to recalling certain 2013 Escapes for a fuel line defect- Ford has gone a step further in telling owners to immediately stop driving the vehicles. This is the second recall on the new Ford Escape this week.
“Customers who already own 2013 Escape vehicles with the 1.6-liter engine are being advised to stop driving their vehicles and to immediately contact their dealers. Dealers will deliver a loaner vehicle to these customers and will transport their 2013 Escape to the dealership for the necessary repairs,” Ford press release.
Fuel Line Defect Poses Fire Risk
- Ford is recalling all 2013 Escape vehicles made with the turbocharged 1.6 liter EcoBoost 4-cylinder engine.
- The surfaces of the fuel line may have been “mechanically scored during its manufacture” which can cause fuel leaks and fires if the line splits.
- According to reports, Ford informed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the recall and is currently working with dealers and consumers to correct the issue.
Three Fires Linked to Faulty Fuel Lines
Reports indicate that three vehicle fires have been linked to fuel line links in the Escape vehicles. Two of the fires occurred before the vehicles were shipped to dealers and one fire occurred in a Canadian customer’s vehicle in June.
Instructions for Ford Escape Owners
- This recall involves 2013 Ford Escapes with turbocharged 1.6 Liter EcoBoost 4-cyclinder engine.
- If you own this vehicle, you are urged to stop driving it immediately and contact your local Ford dealer.
- Dealers will deliver a loaner vehicle to you and pick up your Escape for repairs.
- Customers with additional questions may contact Ford's Customer Relationship Center at 1-866-436-7332.
Contact an Experienced Auto Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective vehicles and auto parts.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled vehicle or defective auto part, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million