Forklift Accident Leaves 1 Dead
A forklift accident at a wrecker service in Amarillo, Texas left one worker dead and another seriously injured.
About the Fatal Workplace Accident
- According to KHOU the accident happened on Tuesday afternoon at HD Wrecker service when a pickup truck being worked on fell on the victims. The forklift was being used to lift the truck.
- The woman involved sustained injuries that are life-threatening and she was taken to the hospital. The man was announced dead on the scene.
- Details about both victims have not been released.
Workplace Injury Statistics
Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- A preliminary total of 4,383 fatal work injuries were recorded in the United States in 2012, down from a revised count of 4,693 fatal work injuries in 2011, according to results from the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI).
- While the total number of fatal work injuries involving contact with objects and equipment in 2012 remained about the same as in 2011, the number of workers fatally injured after being struck by objects or equipment increased by 7 percent (to 509 fatal work injuries in 2012 from 476 in 2011).
- This total includes 233 workers struck by falling objects or equipment and 199 struck by powered vehicles or mobile equipment not in normal operation.
Contact an Experienced Workplace Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry fight to protect the rights of workplace injury victims. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry. The goal of our offices is to not only protect your rights, but to send a message so the same tragedy does not happen again. We represent clients/victims all over the country.