Four Dietary Supplements Recalled Due to Inclusion of Dangerous Ingredient
Four dietary supplements have been recalled due to heath risks associated with DMAA (1,3-dimethylamylamine). In April 2013, the Food and Drug Administration issued a letter warning 11 companies that DMAA is illegal and all products that contain DMAA must be removed from market immediately. They also warned that failure to do so may result in seizure actions.
Health Hazards of DMAA
- According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administation, DMAA is “found illegally in some dietary supplements and is often touted as a ‘natural’ stimulant.”
- DMAA is used as a stimulant in pre-workout supplements and as a weight loss ingredient.
- The FDA has continuously warned of potential health risks associated with DMAA.
- DMAA can cause elevated blood pressure leading to cardiovascular problems including heart attack which could result in death.
- The FDA has not banned DMAA due to a temporary military hold for military exchanges.
DMAA Products Recently Recalled
- Oxyphen XR – UPC: 7054159974
- Phentalene – UPC: 7054159982
- Phen FX – UPS: 2988255980
- Red Viper – UPC: 2988255981
The FDA recommends that consumers stop using these products at once. If you have experienced any adverse affects while using these supplements, the FDA urges that you contact your health care professional immediately.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.