FTC Fines Texas Based Debt Collectors $3.2 Million Citing Harassment
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has fined debt collector Expert Global Solutions $3.2 Million for allegedly harassing consumers.
Expert Global Solutions
• Expert Global Solutions is the largest debt collector in the world.
• The company is based out of Plano, Texas.
• They currently employ 32,000 people.
• Reports an annual revenue of $1.2 billion.
Claims Against the Texas Based Debt Collectors
“In numerous instances (Expert Global Solutions debt collectors) call persons repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, harass, or abuse.” – FTC (as published in a CNN News report)
• Collectors would call in the early morning and late into the night.
• Collectors called consumers at their work place.
• Collectors continued to call some consumers after their debt had been paid or settled because they forgot to verify if the debt was still existing.
Plano, Texas Debt Collectors Hit With $3.2 Million Fine for Harassment
• Expert Global Solutions was fined $3.2 million by the FTC.
• Expert Global Solutions must stop calling consumers who dispute a debt until their staff has investigated whether is has been paid.
• Collectors must quit contacting consumers upon request, even if the consumer refuses to pay the debt.
Contact an Experienced Harassment Attorney
If you have suffered from harassment, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We have the knowledge and experience to handle your case. We will also take immediate action to prevent any further mistreatment. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Your choice does matter. We represent clients/victims all over the country.