GE Recalls Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard
GE, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), is voluntarily recalling about 1.3 million dishwashers due to a fire hazard.
About the GE Dishwashers Recall
According to the CPSC, an electrical failure in the dishwasher’s heating element can create a fire hazard. GE has received 15 reports of a failure in the dishwasher heating element, including 7 reports of fires, 3 of which have caused considerable property damage. There have been no reports of injuries.
It is recommended that consumers immediately stop using the recalled dishwashers. To disconnect the electric supply, owners should shut off the fuse or circuit breaker controlling it. Owners should make sure to inform all users of the dishwasher of the fire hazard. Consumers should also not take back their dishwashers to the place of purchase, but instead contact GE for a free in-home repair or choose from several GE rebate options.
Description of Recalled Dishwashers
Information below provided by the U.S. CPSC.
- The recall involves GE, GE Adora, GE Eterna, GE Profile and Hotpoint brand dishwashers.
- They were sold in black, white, bisque, stainless steel and CleanSteel™ exterior colors and finishes.
- The model and serial numbers can be found on a metallic plate located on the left tub wall visible when the door is opened.
- For the list of recalled model and serial numbers, go here.
- Recalled dishwashers were sold at appliance dealers, authorized builder distributors and other stores nationwide from March 2006 through August 2009 for between $350 and $850.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.