Gemini Power Adaptor/Chargers Recalled – Burn Risk
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Gemini has recalled power adaptor/chargers due to a potential burn hazard for users. The recalled adaptors/chargers are intended for charging cell phones, as well as other small electronics. However, they are overheating and creating a safety concern.
Gemini has received one report of a person who suffered burns on their hands.
Further Information on the Recalled Adaptors
The following description of the recalled products is provided by the CPSC.
- 31,000 Gemini issued adaptors/chargers have been recalled.
- Model number ADCP3-1000 is imprinted on the side of plug.
- They are cubes with a USB port on one side and a double prong on the other side.
- Colors of cubes are black, blue, green, red, and white.
- These adaptor/chargers were given away as a promotional item nationwide between October 2013 and April 2014.
- The CPSC advises consumers to stop use immediately and discard the product.