GT Bike Recalls
As of May 28, 2015, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has reported a recall on GT Fury downhill mountain bikes.
About the GT Bike Recall
The recall specifically affects the 2015 GT Fury Elite and GT Fury Expert models due to the injury and crash hazards posted from the possibility of the front wheel to break, causing the disc brake system to fail.
The bikes were sold at authorized GT dealers. The remedy to this is to go to any authorized GT dealer immediately and have a complete front wheel replacement done free of charge.
Additional Recall Information
Information below was provided by the CPSC:
- The recall involves all 2015 GT Fury Elite and Fury Expert downhill mountain bikes.
- The GT Fury Elite is white with blue and red accents; the GT Fury Expert is metallic grey with lime green accents.
- Both bikes have front and rear disc brakes with rear shock absorbers and front suspensions.
- The bikes have the word, ‘Fury’ with the model names in much smaller writing printed on the top tube as well as the GT logo located on the down tube and chainstay.
- Two reports of broken hubs have been sent to Cycling Sports Group.
- No injuries have been reported thus far.
- These bikes were made in Taiwan, imported by Cycling Sports Group Inc., Wilton, CT and sold for $3,200-$4,400.