GT Mountain Bicycle Recall
Cycling Sports Group has issued a recall for approximately 120 GT Downhill Mountain Bicycles in the United States and 32 in Canada. This recall has been issued due to a hazard associated with the wheel hubs.
About the GT Mountain Bike Recall
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports possible hazards associated with the GT Downhill Mountain Bike. The hazard is with the wheel hubs which have been reported to break. This can cause the brakes to fail and pose serious crash and injury hazards to the consumer. The CPSC reminds consumers to cease use immediately of this product.The Cycling Sports Group has gotten five reports of broken hubs on the GT model Downhill Mountain Bike. No injuries have been reported at this time.
Description of the Recalled Mountain Bikes
All descriptions below are from the CPSC:
- The recall involves the 2014 GT Fury Expert and the 2014 GT Fury Team downhill mountain bicycles.
- The Fury Expert model is blue with red and white accents.
- The Fury Team model is black with lime green and blue accents.
- Both models have front and rear disc brakes, rear shock absorbers and front suspension forks.
- The word “Fury” is located on the top tube and the bottom chainstay, the GT logo is on the down tube and the top of the chainstay.
- They are sold at authorized GT dealers from February 2014 to June 2014 for $4,300-$6,000.