Haier America LED TVs Recalled
Haier America recalled 42-inch LED TVs on October 2, 2012 due to a potential risk of injury. According to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the TV stand’s neck support can break and cause the TV to tip or fall, posing a risk of injury to the consumer.
Incidents Involving the TVs
(According to the CPSC.)
- 184 reports of TV stand neck supports breaking
- No reported injuries
- The CPSC is interested in knowing if any injuries arise that are related to this TV. Please visit www.saferproducts.gov to report a product-related injury.
About the Recalled TVs
- 5,000 units manufactured.
- Haier 42-inch LED TVs with model number LE42B1380.
- Manufactured in China.
- Sold at Fry’s Electronics, other retail stores, online at www.amazon.com, and other online retailers.
- Sold from September 2011 to March 2012 for an estimated $450.
- Immediately stop using and detach the TV from the stand.
- Contact Haier America to request a free replacement stand neck.
- Consumers with a wall-mounted TV may continue to use the TV, but should obtain a free replacement just in case the TV is used with the stand.
- For more information, contact Haier America toll-free at (877) 813-8516 or visit www.haieramerica.com and click on Product Recalls.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.