Handling Your Own Accident Claim
After an accident, calls from the insurance company come fairly quickly. This is because insurance companies want to take care of your claim as quickly as possible. While you may want the same thing, in almost every instance you are better served by hiring a lawyer, even if your ultimate goal is to settle the case. Why? Because insurance companies will often try to pay out as little as possible in accident claims in order to keep premiums low. An experienced attorney will see your accident through from start to finish and ensure you’ve gotten the compensation you deserve.
The Downfalls of Handling your Own Claim
- Putting together a claim is a lot of work.
- You can miss important deadlines.
- You don’t know the value of your accident claim.
- Getting the settlement you deserve takes time and negotiation.
- You might end up hurting your case by saying something the insurance company can use against you.
- When you don’t have an attorney, insurance companies are aware you don’t have a backup plan in case your case does not settle.
How Hiring an Attorney Can Help
- Attorneys are experienced in putting together demand packages, requesting medical records and files, and filing/following up on claims.
- It is an attorney’s job to stay on top of important deadlines so you don’t have to.
- Experienced attorneys have seen hundred of cases, and are able to easily calculate what your case is worth and make sure you get it.
- An attorney acts as a personal advocate for your case. An attorney can explain to the insurance company what your case is worth, and exactly why.
- Attorneys know exactly what to say and what not to say when it comes to communicating with insurance companies.
- Insurance companies know which attorneys will fight tooth and nail for your case, and that is often reflected in the size of your settlement.
Choosing the Right Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have been committed to getting their clients the compensation they deserve and making sure that the defendant pays for the pain he caused. Because we understand that being injured in an accident causes lifetime pain and suffering, we put constant pressure on the insurance company and defendant involved to ensure you receive the maximum monetary compensation you deserve.
No one should have to suffer because of someone else's mistake or negligence. Whether your accident was caused by a drunk driver, manufacturer defect, reckless or negligent driving, or even intentional misconduct, our aggressive and persistent pressure on the defendant will give us the information we need to win your case.
At Thomas J. Henry, we dedicate our time and knowledge to your case. With over 20 years of experience, we have shown each of our clients that we are committed to getting results. Our attorneys are available 24/7 nights and weekends in order to be there when you need us. Choose an attorney who is aggressive, dedicated, and experienced. Contact Thomas J. Henry today.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million