Havertys’ Exclusive American Woodcrafters Bunk Beds Recalled
Bunk beds manufactured by American Woodcrafters and sold exclusively at Havertys have recently been recalled.
According to the Consumer Safety Products Commission (CSPC), the support rails of the beds can break creating a fall hazard.
About the Bunk Bed Recall
An estimated 1,900 Cottage Retreat II bunk beds are being recalled.
So far, two cases of the beds support rails breaking have been reported. In these incidents, children did fall from the bed and sustained bruising.
Both Havertys and Woodcrafters are contacting consumers about the recall.
Havertys is offering to repair the bunk beds free of charge. The repairs consist of replacing the rails.
Description of American Woodcrafter Bunk Beds
- The bunk beds were manufactured in Indonesia through American Woodcrafters and are called “Cottage Retreat II” bunk beds.
- Bunk beds were sold in two combinations; twin over twin and twin over full.
- A side ladder can be found on the furniture.
- Beds were sold in white finish.
- On the inside of one of the four rails, a label is attached which has the SKU number 6310-9771, Made in Indonesia, and American Woodcrafters printed.
- The Cottage Retreat II bunk beds were sold exclusively by Havertys at stores nationwide as well as online on the havertys.com website.
- Prices ranged from $600 to $1,000.
- Havertys sold the bunk beds from September 2011 to March 2014.