Hobby Lobby Recalls 14,000 Baby Rattles for Choking Hazard
Hobby Lobby recently announced the recall of 14,400 of its popular Fish Baby Rattles after determining the products can pose a choking hazard to children.
About the Hobby Lobby Baby Rattle Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the rattle seams can break apart, exposing the stuffing fiber and the small rattle bell inside the rattle which can cause a child to choke if ingested.
The only guaranteed safety measure for children is that the rattle not be purchased. However, if you or anyone you know has purchased any one of these rattles and have had experiences with the rattle malfunctioning, please discontinue use of the product and return the product to the Hobby Lobby from which you purchased the rattle for a full refund.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the Hobby Lobby Stores at 800-326-7931 or visit their website hobbylobby.com and click the recall tab to inquire about more information.
Description of the Recall Baby Rattles
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- The fish shaped rattles come in two different sets of colors, one being pink/green and the other being yellow/blue. Both have holes in the middle which makes the rattle.
- The item numbers for the products are:
- Pink & Green Fish – 51415777
- Blue & Yellow Fish – 5127642
- The item numbers can be found on the products’ hang tag.
- A sewn-in label will display the text “Reg. No. PA-15130(CN)” and “Hobby Lobby 9123069”.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57