Holmes Ceramic Heaters Recalled – Fire Hazard
Sunbeam Products, Inc. has recalled about 151,600 Holmes Ceramic Heaters because of a risk for overheating, which poses a fire hazard.
About the Ceramic Heater Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there have been 132 reports of units that unexpectedly stopped working and/or overheated. There was one report of smoke inhalation and ten reports of property damage involving burned flooring.
Consumers are asked to stop using the recalled heater and to contact Sunbeam for a full refund.
Description of the Ceramic Heater Recall
- The recall includes Holmes oscillating ceramic heaters sold in black, purple, red, blue, and white.
- They are rectangular in shape and are about 12 inches tall, 8 ½ inches wide, and 5 ½ inches deep.
- The heaters have model number HCH1823M printed on a label on the bottom of the product.
- On the bottom front is the “Holmes” logo and two knobs controlling the fan.
- On the top of the product is a thermostat.
- The heater adjusts between a high and low heat setting and a fan only setting.
- The heaters were sold at Fred Meyer, Target, Walmart, and other retailers nationwide from August 2013 to March 2014 for about $30.