Horse Bite Victim Receives $250K
A New York family recently received a $250,000 settlement for injuries suffered by their six-year-old daughter when she was bitten by a horse at a local stable. The settlement will cover past and future medical care of the child.
Details of the Negligent Supervision Case
- The six-year-old had been standing on wooden rail fence when she was bitten in the face.
- The child suffered a jaw fracture, lacerations on the face, cheek, and tongue and damage to the facial nerves.
- The plaintiff contended that the stable was negligent in supervising the children around the horses.
- The plaintiff further claimed that a worker was watching the child and a group of other children but left prior to the incident.
- The injuries cased in the child requiring six surgeries to repair the damage to the girl's face and jaw, with the possibility of future surgeries.
- The insurance company agreed to settle for $250,000 to cover medical expenses.
Contact an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney
Because of careless property owners, many people will suffer catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. The nature of many injuries which occur on dangerous property can be more than painful- they can be permanent.
Do not let your injuries overwhelm your life. If you have been seriously injured as a result of a condition or the use of real property, contact Thomas J. Henry. As your premises liability lawyer, we will secure proper medical care and fight to make sure you receive proper compensation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57