Household Chemicals Linked to Hypothyroidism in Women
Researchers now believe perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) found in household products may lead to hypothyroidism.
What are PFCs?
- PFCs are fluorine containing chemicals often used to make common items waterproof or stainproof.
- PFCs are used to stain proof carpets, clothing, and furniture.
- Often used to oil proof pizza boxes and fast food containers.
- Found in paints and cleaners
- Commonly used in cosmetics.
PFCs Link to Hypothyroidism and Other Diseases
“Experimental animal studies and epidemiological findings have demonstrated the effects of PFCs on thyroid functions.” – Dr. Chien-Yu Lin of En Chu Kong Hospital in Taiwan to Fox News
- A study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism showed participants with higher PFC levels had developed hypothyroidism.
- Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland does not develop enough hormones for the body.
- Hypothyroidism can lead to weight gain and fatigue.
- PFC exposure has also been linked to kidney, liver, and heart disease.
- High PFC exposure may lead to high cholesterol, certain types of cancer, and weakened immune functions in children.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a defective product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57