Huffy Bicycles Recalled – Crash Hazard
Nearly 500 Huffy bicycles are being recalled because of defective front disc brakes that can cause the front wheel to stop suddenly or separate from the bicycle completely, resulting in an injury hazard.
About the Huffy Bicycle Recall
About 460 units of Huffy bicycles have been recalled. Based on a report by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), an open quick release lever on the front wheel can touch the front disc brake causing the front wheel to stop suddenly or completely separate from the bike.
There have been no reported injuries; however, consumers are urged to stop using the bicycles immediately.
Description of the Recalled Bicycles
The following information was provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- The bicycles models affected by the recall are the Huffy TR 745 and TR-S 740. The model number can be found on the rear portion of the frame.
- The TR 745 has a green frame with model number 26504M on the bottom of the frame.
- The TR-S 740 has a white frame with the model number 26604M.
- All recalled bikes are model year 2014 and were sold at Walmart.com, Sears Puerto Rico and The Northwest Company (Cost U Less) from September 2014 through May 2015.
- The price of the bicycles range from $250 to $370.