IKEA Recalls 23 Million Wall Lamps Following Child’s Death
About the IKEA Lamp Recall
The recall affects eight different models of the companies’ SMILA-series wall-mounted lamps with 2.9 million sold in the U.S.
Both cases occurred in Europe.
Details of the Recalled IKEA Lamp
The lamps were sold in eight designs:
A blue star
- Model: STJARNA
- Article numbers: 501.994.49 or 500.108.79
A yellow moon
- Model: MANE
- Article numbers: 701.944.48 or 700.108.40
A pink flower
- Model: BLOMMA
- Article numbers: 907.994.47 or 000.979.50
A white flower
- Model: BLOMMA
- Article numbers: 300-746-50
A red heart
- Model: HJARTA
- Article numbers: 202.256.59 or 801.993.13
A green bug
- Model: BAGGA
- Article numbers: 101.944.46 or 700.728.71
A blue seashell
- Model: SNACKA
- Article numbers: 400.982.50
An orange seahorse
- Model: SJOHAST
- Article numbers: 900-982-43
- A blue star
- Model name can be found on a label on the back of the lamp near the light bulb.
- Article numbers are located on the lamp’s packaging.
- Lamps measure approximately 11 inches high and 11 inches wide with a 7 ft. electrical cord.
- Units were sold exclusively at IKEA stores and in IKEA catalogs between July 1999 and May 2013 for between $10 and $13
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.