IKEA recalls Junior Beds – Laceration Hazard
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, IKEA has issued a nationwide recall for two models of its Junior Beds.
About the IKEA Bed Recall
- The recall concerns the KRITTER and SNIGLAR models of IKEA’s Junior Beds.
- A metal rod connecting the guardrail to the bed frame is prone to breaking, leading to a potential laceration hazard to children.
- The recall includes 22,000 units in the U.S. and 18,000 units in Canada.
Identifying the Recalled Beds
The KRITTER bed is made of pine wood and has cut outs of animals such as cats and dogs on the headboard. A tag may be found attached to the headboard or the underside of the bed including the following information:
- Model Number: 600.904.70
- Supplier Number: 15361
- Date Stamp: 1114 through 1322 (the first two numbers represent the year the product was manufactured while the second two numbers represent the week).
The SNIGLER bed is made of natural beach wood with a white painted fiberboard insert on the headboard and footboard. A tag will be attached to either the headboard or the underside of the bed including the following information:
- Model Number: 500.871.66
- Supplier Number: 19740 or 18157
- Date Stamp: 1114 through 1318 (the first two numbers represent the year the product was manufactured while the second two numbers represent the week).
- The beds measure 65 inches long, 30 inches wide, and the headboards are between 22 to 26 inches tall.
- The beds were sold in IKEA stores nationwide and through the company’s website for between $60 and $90.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57