Injured Passenger Sues After Fatal Car Crash
Denise Bravo was a passenger in a car that crashed in November 2011. One of her fellow passengers died as a result of the accident. Bravo is now suing the driver of the vehicle she and the slain victim were in, the drunk driver who hit the vehicle Bravo was riding in, and another motorist who allegedly caused the crash when his tire blew out.
Facts of the Crash
- According to the San Mateo Daily Journal, Leonardo Lazo was driving a Tahoe; the vehicle lost a tire that interfered in traffic.
- Bravo and Andrel Norcel Gaines were passengers in a Cadillac driven by Billy Ray Heard when the vehicle approached the tire; Heard swerved to miss hitting the tire and crashed into the center divider, stopping in the middle lane.
- Leffew was driving a Nissan 300ZX when he crashed into the Cadillac; he had a blood alcohol level of .12 percent
Injuries From the Accident
- Bravo suffered a back injury and injury to her nervous system; she filed in her suit against Heard, Leffew, and others, that she was injured in “health, strength, and activity.”
- Gaines suffered a traumatic brain injury, and was put on life support; he was later taken off and died.
- Heard suffered severe brain damage and bleeding, and facial, pelvic and wrist fractures; he sued Leffew, Lazo, the Department of Transportation, and others for his current and future medical expenses, though the case was dismissed.
- Lazo suffered injuries of his own, and was initially charged with Gaines’ death, but those charges were dropped.
Drunk Driving Statistics
The following statistics were obtained from M.A.D.D.’s website:
- Almost every 90 seconds, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash
- In 2011, 9,878 people died in drunk driving crashes – one every 53 minutes
- If all 17 million people who admitted to driving drunk had their own state, it would be the fifth largest in the U.S.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
Our attorneys are available to respond to auto accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices– we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million