Injuries Prompt Popular Coffeemaker Recall
Applica Consumer Products is recalling 159,000 Black & Decker under-the-cabinet coffeemakers due various injury hazards. 68 burns and/or cuts have been reported.
About the Coffeemaker Recall
Applica Consumer Products and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission have announced a voluntary recall of Black & Decker Spacemaker 12-Cup Programmable Under-the-Cabinet coffeemakers. The coffee pot handle of this coffeemaker can break, causing cuts or burns.
According to the recall notice, there have been 1,276 reports of handles breaking with 68 resulting in burns and/or cuts.
- These coffee makers are either white or black and are designed to mount under a cabinet.
- The coffee pots are glass with a molded handle and a silver metallic bracket running around the glass near the bottom.
- “Black & Decker Spacemaker” is printed on the top-right hand corner.
- Recalled model numbers include: SDC740, SDC740B, SDC740BR, SDC740C, SDC740DIS, SDC740R, SDC750, SDC750C and SDC750DIS.
- These coffeemakers were sold nationwide from June 2008 through May 2012 for around $50-$80.
- Consumers can contact Applica for a free coffee pot replacement.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.