iPhone Wall Charger Recalled – Fire Hazard
About the iPhone Charger Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the charger can overheat and catch fire while in use. CPSC recommends that consumers stop using the recalled charger immediately and call MiWorld Accessories for a full refund.
So far, there has been one report of the charger catching on fire.
Description of Recalled iPhone Chargers
- The charger features a USB cord which plugs into a wall unit and is used to charge the iPhone 5/5s.
- The chargers have a distinctive geometric pattern in mint green and peach colors.
- Affected models have the numbers CRGT-003 or CRGT-004 printed on a sticker located on the back side of their packaging.
- The words “Charlotte Russe” and “USB Cord & Wall Charger for iPhone 5/5S” are printed on the front of the package.
- Chargers were sold exclusively at Charlotte Russe stores nationwide for around $13 during October 2014.