John Deere Gator Utility Vehicles Recalled
John Deere has issued a voluntary recall on more than 4,300 utility vehicles powered by Kawasaki engines due to a fire hazard. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the engine’s fuel filter can leak, posing a fire hazard to users.
110 Fuel Leaks Reported
- Kawasaki Motors has received 110 reports of fuel leaks in the recalled engines.
- Owners are urged to stop using these vehicles immediately and contact a John Deere dealer to have the fuel filter replaced.
Important Information about the John Deere Recall
Information provided by MSNBC.com
- This recall involves John Deere TH, TS and TX-model Gator utility vehicles that have Kawasaki FE, FH and FJ series engines. The model information is located on the vehicle's cargo box.
- Only utility vehicles with the certain serial numbers are included in this recall. To find the full list of recalled vehicles visit MSNBC.com, or the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website.
- Kawasaki Motors is recalling the filters used in these utility vehicle engines and lawn mower engines equipped with these filters.
- The vehicles were sold at John Deere dealers nationwide from November 2011 to August 2012 for between $6,600 and $9,400.
- Consumers may contact John Deere at 800-537-8233 or visit the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission website for more information.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.