John Deere Recalls Lawn Mowers
John Deere has recalled their Zero-Turn lawn mowers due to reports of cut fuel hoses.
About the Recall Lawn Mower
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is recalling all 150 units of the John Deere Zero-Turn lawn mowers. The recall is due to a fire hazard as the fuel hose allows fuel to leak.
It is strongly advised that consumers immediately stop using these recalled
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled Zero-Turn lawn mowers and contact a John Deere dealer for a free repair. Due to the four reports of the cut fuel hoses, John Deere is contacting all registered owners of the recalled mowers directly.
Description of the Recalled Lawn Mower
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission provided the following description of the recalled lawn mowers:
- This recall involves John Deere models Z445, Z645, Z655, and Z665 zero-turn mowers with serial numbers beginning with 1GXZ
- The serial number is located behind the seat, in front of the engine.
- The model number is on the front of the machine, near the operator footrest.
- A complete list of serial numbers included in this recall can be found on the firm’s website.
- The mowers are green and yellow with yellow wheels
- These lawn mowers ranged from $4,800 to $6,500 and were sold at John Deere independent dealers nationwide from through August 2015 to November 2015.