Juratoys Recalls Children’s Toy That Poses Choking Hazard
About the Juratoys Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), a nationwide recall has been issued for Sardines Fishing Game and Starfish Fishing Game manufactured by Juratoys.
The recall was issued after it was determined that a plastic worm on the end of the fishing pole that be taken off of the pole, and presenting a choking hazard for children playing with the product. There is also a magnet that is attached to the plastic worm, and swallowing multiple magnets can cause serious internal injuries.
There have been four reports of children swallowing the small part of the toy; however, no injuries have been reported.
Consumers are encouraged to stop use of the games immediately and keep out of children’s reach. Consumers are also encouraged to contact Juratoys for a prepaid shipping envelope to return the game
Description of the Recalled Toys
- Roughly 14,000 recalled units were sold in the United States, in addition to the estimated 200 units sold in Canada.
- The recall is issued for two versions of the fishing game: Sardines and Starfish.
- The Sardine game has a red and white sardine with yellow eyes painted on a sardine-shaped piece of tin labeled with J08152 product number on the back of one of the fish pieces.
- The Starfish game has an orange starfish-shaped piece of tin with the J08153 product number printed on the back of one of the fish pieces.
- The sets contain two wooden fishing rods and wooden fish-shaped pieces with a magnet in the middle.
- “Janod®“ is located on the lid of each tin package.