Kenta Child Carriers Recalled for Fall Hazard
VAUDE Sport GmbH & Company KG is recalling their Kenta and Kenta Plus child carriers due to a faulty side seam which poses a fall hazard to children. According to the official recall notice, two incidents of strap failure have been reported to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
Description of Kenta and Kenta Plus Child Carriers
- This recall involves Kenta and Kenta Plus backpack-style child carriers.
- 300 units were recalled after the firm received two reports of side straps separating.
- “VAUDE” is printed on the back and between the shoulder straps of the carriers. “Kenta” or “Kenta Plus” is printed on the lower back or hip belt of the carriers.
- The carriers come in black, red, and brown and were sold at outdoor camping and climbing stores nationwide from January 2010 through May 2012 for about $150.
- Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled child carriers and return the product to an authorized VAUDE dealer for a replacement.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57