LA County Pays $7.5 Million to Settle Malpractice Lawsuit
A woman living in a homeless shelter in downtown Los Angeles has been awarded $7.5 million after her son suffered serious brain damage during child birth.
Woman Alleges Poor Medical Care Caused Child’s Injuries
- According to the L.A. Times, Dyrene Loftis, 25, alleges that poor medical care caused her to suffer a ruptured uterus leading to a lack of oxygen for her child during delivery.
- Loftis was 39 weeks pregnant when she was rushed to the hospital via ambulance after experiencing severe abdominal pains.
- After spending 14 hours in the labor and delivery unit, Loftis was discharged from the hospitial without being seen by an obstetrician.
- Less than 12 hours after being discharged, Loftis returned to the hospital with a ruptured uterus where physicians performed an emergency caesarean section.
- Her son Micah suffered severe brain damage and requires assistance to breathe and eat.
Las Angeles Settles Suit for $7.5 Million
- Loftis filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against Los Angeles County alleging citing the neglegince of Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center staff led to her son’s brain injuries.
- A county board voted unanimously to finalize the settlement by awarding Loftis $7.5 million.
- According to a county spokesperson, this is the largest medical malpractice settlement the county has approved since 2003.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of medical malpractice litigation. We have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
If your child was injured due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57