Lawsuit Filed Against Royal Caribbean after Child Injured during Game
Child Suffers Brain Injury during Staff Regulated Game
- Leo Tao, 9, was aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship with his family.
- While the ship was in port in Nassau, Leo’s parents took him to the ship’s entertainment zone for kids.
- Leo was participated in a staff regulated game in which cruise staff threw balls at the children while the children attempted to avoid them.
- While running, Leo collided with another child causing him to fall and hit his head on a hard surface.
- Leo was rushed to a Nassau hospital where he received emergency brain surgery for his injuries.
Family Sues Royal Caribbean
- Leo’s family is suing for negligence and is citing past and future damages.
- Miami Children’s Hospital medical reports show some dysfunction in an area of Leo’s brain.
- Leo’s mother is concerned that the dysfunction may lead to epileptic seizures.
- Royal Caribbean has denied responsibility for the boy’s injuries.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury, contact our offices. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.