Lighting Fixture Recall- Fire/Shock Hazards
Two separate companies, Bel Air Lighting (of California) and Thomas Lighting (of Illinois), recently recalled lighting products due to various fire, burn, and shock hazards. Consumers should stop using these lighting fixtures immediately and contact the individual companies are for a free replacement.
About the Outdoor Lantern Recall
- Bel Air Lighting is recalling about 99,700 outdoor lanterns because an electrical short circuit can occur in the internal wiring.
- According to the recall notice, an electrical short can pose fire, burn, and electric shock hazards to consumers.
- There have been seven reports of incidents associated with the lanterns.
- The lanterns were sold at Lowes and on lowes.com from June 2006 through May 2012 for around $48.
- They were sold under the Portfolio brand name with item number 253366 and at lighting showrooms with item number 44181.
About the Ceiling Light Recall
- Thomas Lighting, part of Philips Consumer Luminaries Corporation, is recalling about 83,750 ceiling mounted fixtures because the socket’s wire insulation can degrade.
- According to the recall notice, wire degradation can allow charged wires to become exposed and cause electricity to pass to the metal canopy of the fixture. This poses a fire and electric shock hazard to consumers.
- There have been eleven incidents associated with the mounted fixtures.
- These fixtures were sold at electrical distributors and lighting wholesalers nationwide from July 2010 through July 2011 for $19 to $50.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.