Male Enhancement Supplements Recalled Due Dangerous Ingredient
R. Thomas Marketing LLC stated in a press release to consumers that they are recalling all lots of many of their male enhancement products that were released on the consumer level.
About the Male Enhancement Recall
According to the U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the list of recalled products is as follows:
- Black Ant: BIG BOX (20 small boxes / 4 capsules per box / 80 capsules total)
- Herb Viagra: BIG BOX (20 small boxes / 4 capsules per box / 80 capsules)
- Real Skill: BIG BOX (20 small boxes / 4 capsules per box / 80 capsules)
- Stree Overlord: BIG BOX (20 small boxes / 4 capsules per box / 80 capsules)
- Weekend Prince: BIG BOX (24 individual cards / 2 capsules per card / 48 capsules)
- African Black Ant: BIG BOX (8 small boxes / 6 capsules per box / 48 capsules)
After the products were tested by the FDA, they were found to contain Slidenafil, which is a PDE-5 Inhibitor and the active ingredient in FDA-approved drugs for erectile dysfunction. Slidenafil is not listed on the labels for the products and its presence in the products makes it an unapproved drug.
Potential Risk Factors Associated with the Recalled Male Enhancement Products
Slidenafil, the undeclared active ingredient that is present in the recalled products, poses a threat to consumers because Slidenafil may react with other prescription drugs that contain nitrates. This may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels.
Consumers with diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol often taken prescription medications that contain nitrates.
Aside from reactions with nitrates, the products may also cause other side effects like headaches and flushing.
Other Recalled R. Thomas Marketing Products
Aside from the products listed above, R. Thomas Marketing LLC, is also taking precautionary measures and recalling the following products since they were sourced from the same vendors. The reason for the recall of the following products is the potential for mis-branding and mis-labeling:
- Bull: CASE (10 packs / 3 capsules per can / 30 capsules)
- Bulls Genital: CASE (10 Cans / 10 capsules per can / 100 capsules)
- Zhonghua Niu Bian: BIG BOX (6 small boxes / 6 capsules per box / 36 capsules)
- African Superman: BIG BOX (6 small boxes / 8 capsules per box / 48 capsules)
- Bigger Longer More Time More Sperms: BIG BOX (6 small boxes / 6 capsules per small box / 36 capsules)
- Black Ant King: BIG BOX (10 capsules / can / 12 cans per box / 120 capsules)
- Black Storm: SMALL BOX (6 capsules)
- Germany Niubian: BIG BOX (10 small boxes / 24 capsules per box / 240 capsules)
- Happy Passengers: BIG BOX (30 small boxes / 1 capsule per box / 30 capsules)
- Plant Vigra: BIG BOX / (18 cans / 6 capsules per can / 108 capsules)
- Hard Ten Days: BIG BOX (6 small boxes / 6 capsules per box / 36 capsules)
- Man King: BIG BOX (8 small boxes / 5 capsules per box / 40 capsules)
- Mojo Risen: BIG BOX (24 individual cards / 2 capsules per card/ 48 capsules)
- Night Man: SMALL BOX (6 capsules)
- Tiger King: BIG BOX (10 small bottles / 10 capsules per bottle / 100 capsules)
- Samurai-X: BIG BOX (24 individually wrapped capsules)
- Super Hard: BIG BOX (20 small boxes / 6 capsules per box / 120 capsules)
- Zhen Gong: BIG BOX (16 small boxes / 2 capsules per box / 32 capsules)
The recalled products were sold from September 2013 to present on the following websites:
Although the products were sold on various places online, these websites were the most commonly used sources for consumers. Consumers are urged to cease consumption of the recalled products immediately. R. Thomas Marketing has already notified its customers by email and through a press release of the recall.