Man Awarded $4 Million in Pool Accident Case
An Illinois man has been awarded $4 million after a swimming pool accident left him with cervical fractures that resulted in incomplete quadriplegia.
Details of the Swimming Pool Accident
- The pool had a non-standard design- it was shallow at both ends and deep in the middle.
- There were no warnings posted around the pool or any depth indicators to show that the pool was shallow in the middle.
- The plaintiff dove into what he thought was the deep end of the pool, and hit the bottom.
- He suffered cervical fractures causing him to lose most motor function in his arm and legs.
- The 22-year-old filed a lawsuit alleging that the pool was defectively designed and installed.
Jury Awards Millions in Damages
- The jury awarded the man a total of $8.1 million for his injuries.
- The pool’s designer and installer was found 50% liable for the accident; the remaining 50% responsibility went to the plaintiff.
- The plaintiff's partial liability resulted in the total award being reduced to $4,051,200.
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.