Contact us 24/7
View all

Man Burned in New Jersey Gas Explosion

Emaan Elahi2 years ago

According to a release by the Associated Press, a man from New Jersey suffered injuries from a gas blast that occurred in his Ocean County home on Monday.

Details of the Ocean County Home Explosion

The 47-year-old victim smelled gas in his home. After flipping on a light switch, the home ignited in an explosion

Arriving firefighters found the man outside the home with burn injuries covering about half his body, officials said. He was conscious and alert and told firefighters he awoke from a slumber smelling gas and when he turned on the light in the bathroom, there was an explosion.

The main was taken to jersey Shore Medical Center before being transferred to St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston. He is listed in stable condition.

Last week, a dozen firefighters and New Jersey Natural Gas workers were injured when a gas explosion erupted in a home in Stafford Township, Ocean County.

Tips from New Jersey Natural Gas

  • To help detect gas, a strong odor that smells like rotten eggs is an indicant. If you smell natural:
  • Remove any cigarettes or other smoking materials and extinguish them
  • Do not use matches, lighters or other open flames or activate light switches, electrical appliances, flashlights, doorbells and garage door openers.
  • Do not use telephones or cell phones on the premises because they can create a spark.
  • Evacuate everyone from the building and call 911.

HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED?

If you’ve been injured, we can help. Contact us