Contact us 24/7
View all

Man Diagnosed with Meningitis After Consuming Blue Bell Ice Cream

Maya Kammourieh1 year ago

According to FOX News, Florida resident has been diagnosed with meningitis which he began suffering from after eating ice cream produced at Blue Bells’ Alabama facility

Details of the Blue Bell Meningitis Case

In April 2015, Brent McRae, a 75-year-old man from Florida, fell ill with meningitis after eating Blue Bell’s Cookies n Cream Ice Cream.

The victim’s wife sent the container of ice cream he had begun to consume to Kappa Laboratories of Miami. The private laboratory found that the ice cream tested positive for listeria. The tested product was manufactured in Alabama.

Blue Bell is currently reviewing the test results. They issued the following statement: “We are reviewing the third-party lab report we have received, but because this overall situation involves litigation, we are not able to discuss any details of the matter.”

Blue Bell Ice Cream Recall

The company issued a recall over its product after being linked to 10 listeria illnesses in four states and three deaths in Kansas.

The contaminated products were manufactured at the company’s Texas and Oklahoma plants.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention strongly advises buyers to refrain from consuming any Blue Bell products.

Other samples from the Alabama plant have yet to test positive.

About Listeria Infections
  • Listeria is a bacterium that can cause meningitis. Older adults are more prone to be its victims.
  • Foods contaminated with Listeria can also lead to a serious infection: Listeriosis.
  • Symptoms include aches and gastrointestinal discomfort

HAVE YOU BEEN INJURED?

If you’ve been injured, we can help. Contact us