Man Falls from Scaffolding in Corpus Christi
A man fell from scaffolding in an industrial accident that happened in Corpus Christi.
Details About the Scaffolding Fall
KIIITV is reporting that a man said to be in his thirties fell from scaffolding equipment in Corpus Christi along the 6600 block of Up River Road. Authorities are claiming that the man suffered a head injury, but are unaware of how he fell. There have been no further updates of the man’s condition.
Important Information about Industrial Accidents in the United States
- There were 76,054 non-fatal injuries to employees reported in 2014/15 (provisional).
- In total, an estimated 4.1 million working days were lost due to workplace injuries, on average 6.7 days per case.
- 4,821 workers were killed on the job in 2014.
- On average, more than 92 a week or more than 13 deaths every day.
- 804 Hispanic or Latino workers were killed from work-related injuries in 2014–on average, more than 15 deaths a week or two Latino workers killed every single day of the year, all year long.
- Fatal work injuries involving contractors accounted for 17 percent of all fatal work injuries in 2014.