Man Receives $4 Million for Taser Injuries
A Vallejo, California man recently received a $4.15 million settlement for injuries he sustained when local law enforcement officers entered his apartment without a warrant and assaulted him with a taser. The attack left him with a ruptured disk and a damaged spinal cord that resulted in paralysis.
Details of the Taser Injury Case
- The police responded to a domestic assault call from the plaintiff’s girlfriend.
- The local law enforcement officers entered the plaintiff apartment, without a warrant.
- The plaintiff was tased twice before being hand-cuffed.
- The plaintiff suffered a dislodge vertebrae, ruptured disk, and spinal cord injuries which resulted in temporary paralysis.
- The injury will require the plaintiff to take pain medication daily.
- The city settled the Federal Civil Rights Lawsuit for $4.15 million.
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.