Mastery Cutlery Recalls Neck Knives Due to Laceration Hazard
About the Neck Knife Recall
While no injuries have been reported, the potential for injury is still present. The recall stems from a laceration hazard caused by a defective sheath. The sheath can become loose and the knife can fall out of the sheath. The CPSC advises consumers to stop use immediately and store the knife in a safe location. Consumers can contact Mastery Cutlery for a replacement sheath.
Description of the Recalled Knives
According to the CPSC website,
- The recall affects the MTech USA Karambit Neck Knife and Sheath.
- The knife is 7 inches in length and features a camo print.
- “MTech USA” is printed on the blade and the model number is MT-664UC-SO.
- The knife comes with an unmarked black sheath. The sheath has a snap clip on the back.
- The knives were sold at Big 5 Sporting Goods from March 2014 through May 2014.