MAT Industries Air Compressors Recalled
MAT Industries has recently recalled their HDX™ and Powermate® two-gallon air compressors due to a shock hazard.
About the MAT Industries Air Compressor Recall
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the terminals of the pressure switch can come into contact with the motor housing, electrifying the air compressors. This reaction poses a shock hazard to customers. So far, no injuries have been reported.
MAT Industries has recalled around 100,000 units in the United States and 7,000 in Canada. The CPSC recommends that customers immediately stop using their HDX™ and Powermate® two-gallon air compressors unless otherwise instructed.
Description of the Recalled Air Compressors
The following information has been obtained from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- This recall applies specifically to the HDX™ and Powermate® two-gallon air compressors manufactured by MAT Industries LLC.
- Each air compressor has a pair of one-gallon tanks, stacked upon each other.
- The air compressors are 120-volts, have an operating pressure maximum of 100 PSI and air delivery of .4 SCFM at 90 psi.
- The HDX™ air compressors are gray with “HDX” printed in white on the top cylinder.
- HDX™ model number/sku numbers include VSP0000201.HDX, VSP0000201.HDX1 and 947282, with numeric serial numbers (model and serial numbers printed on a sticker on the back of the air compressor cylinder).
- The Powermate® air compressors are red with “Powermate” printed in white on the top cylinder.
- The recalled Powermate® model numbers include VSP0000201, VSP0000201.01, VSP0000201.KIT and VSP0000201.NS with numeric serial numbers.
- HDX and Powermate compressors with a letter in the serial number are not included in the current MAT Industries recall.