Medical Errors Kill 200,000 Americans Every Year
Medical malpractice and medical mistakes lead to countless injuries each year. These injuries can leave survivors with debilitating conditions or can even result in patient deaths.
Alarming Medical Error Statistics
- According to the New York Post, every year in the United States 200,000 people are estimated to die from preventable medical mistakes in our hospitals.
- That is equivalent five hundred and fifty people every single day, twenty three people an hour or a person every two minutes.
- Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the country behind cancer and heart disease.
Mecial Malpractice in Texas
- Texas hospitals in general, are among some of the worst perpetrators of medical malpractice.
- Less than 35% of Texas hospitals receive an “A” rating and many have even been reluctant to release information on patient wellness. One of the major issues seems to be a lack of qualified workers.
- If trends continue, in 2020, Texas will have seventy thousand open positions for nurses they can’t immediately find applicants for. Not only would that leave a huge deficient in necessary workers, it would also suggest that the positions that were filled were done so with less qualified candidates.
Contact an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of medical malpractice litigation. We have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to medical malpractice, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.