Microphone Recalled- Burn Injuries Reported
Nielsen-Kellerman Co. of Boothwyn, Penn is recalling certain microphones due to shock and burn hazards. The recall is effective November 13, 2012. All buyers should stop using the defective products immediately.
Serious Burn Injuries Reported
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Recall Report, the recall was issued by Nielsen-Kellerman because the metal boom of their NK R2 microphones can conduct electricity from an exposed speaker wire or connector and shock or burn the user.
Nielsen-Kellerman has received reports of three incidents in which the users reported second-degree burns where the metal boom contacted their face.
Description of Recalled Microphones
Information provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- This recall involves NK R2 microphones that were made before September 1, 2012.
- Recalled microphones have metal booms that are not covered by rubber and do not have a yellow warning tag on the cable.
- These products were sold at Nielsen-Kellerman Co. online and authorized NK dealers worldwide for about $99.
Additional Recall Information for Consumers
- Consumers should immediately stop using the R2 Microphones and return them to NK for a free replacement.
- Under federal law, it is illegal to attempt to sell or resell this or any other recalled product.
- If you experience any issues with this product you can contact Nielsen-Kellerman at (800) 784-4221 or www.NKhome.com.
- You can also report injuries or incidents to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) at SaferProducts.gov.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.