New Yorker Boiler Home Heating Boilers Recalled-Carbon Monoxide Hazard
New Yorker Boiler has recently recalled approximately 191 gas-fired hot water boilers due to a carbon monoxide hazard.
About the New Yorker Boiler Recall
According to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, air pressure switches may fail to shutt down in the event of blockage in the vent system. This allows the boiler to emit excessive amounts of carbon monoxide, ultimately posing a CO poisoning risk to consumers.
The boilers were manufactured in the U.S. and were sold at plumbing and heating wholesale distributors nationwide from July 2012 through Feb. 2013 – the cost of the boilers ranged from $1,600 to $3,200.
Description of the Recalled Boilers
- This recall involves New Yorker Boiler PVCGA model cast iron boilers that use natural gas or liquid petroleum to heat water for residential space heating.
- The boilers are green in color, about 38 inches tall and about 26 inches deep and range from 11 to 30 inches wide.
- The front cover of the boiler is vented and has the New Yorker Boiler logo. The model number, serial number and manufacturing date you will find located on a silver label on the inside panel.
- The manufacturing date appears in the upper right corner of the silver label in the MM/YYYY format. The following model numbers and serial number ranges are included in this recall:
Affected models include:
- Serial numbers for the recalled boilers range from 65320695 through 65383954.
Extra Safety Precausions
Consumers should stop using this product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Consumers with recalled boilers should immediately contact the installer or distributor from whom they purchased the boiler or New Yorker Boiler to schedule an in-home safety inspection and repair at no cost.
Consumers who continue to use boilers awaiting repair should have a working carbon monoxide alarm installed outside of sleeping areas in the home.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.